Rory's 2012 Black Mustang V6 Premium, Ford Racing Equipped, Daily Driver
VIN# 1ZVBP8AM1C5219879 purchased August 5, 2011 at Key West Ford in New Westminster, BC Canada with
Premium Care Total Protection Warranty with $0 Deductible and Instant Rental Car coverage to 7 years or 120,000kms.
Serviced at Hallmark Ford in Surrey, BC Canada
Manufactured in the Flat Rock, Michigan plant on May 2, 2011
Official Ford Stats: A total of 40,905 2012 Mustang V6 Coupes were produced and of that, only 1,080 have the Navigation package.
Email me if you have any questions about my car: email@example.com
I'm a member of the Greater Vancouver Mustang Association. Click here to visit the web site
Navigate to your section of interest by clicking the links below:
My Mustang Pictures 3.7L V6 Engine Tech Window Sticker Exhaust Sound My 50+ Modifications Parts for Sale
Click the thumbnail pictures below to see them full sized.
Sound of the newest version of the 2011/2012 Borla V6 Touring Cat Back Exhaust on my car
Parts for sale on Craigslist:
New Take Off 2011, 2012 Mustang Cloth front seat covers
New SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit for 2011-13 Mustang V6 3.7 & GT 5.0
New Ford Racing Pyrometer and Boost Gauges for sale
Near New BMR K-Member for 2011-2014 Mustang
Used Ford Racing Mustang Shock Struts & Springs
Near New 2011 - 2014 Mustang Premium Steering Wheel Leather with White Stitching
Used 2012 Mustang rear tail lights with tinted reverse lights and LED Backup Bulbs
Near New 2010-2012 Mustang TruCarbon Radiator Cover
New Ford Racing Brake Cooling Duct Kit for 2010-2012 Mustang
USED 2005-2013 MUSTANG REAR SEAT DELETE KIT WITH RED X-BRACE
My Mustang Pictures:
(Click the thumbnail pictures below to see them full sized.)
Updates as of December 20, 2013
It snowed today so here are some pictures in the snow. See, my car is a daily driver! Thanks to my co-worker Jacquie for the pictures with her iPhone.
Updates as of December 15, 2013
Big changes as of two weeks ago but only today was I able to take some pictures as finally there was a break in the weather. I sold my 2012 Roush front bumper with C/S grille and hood. I installed a 2013 GT Hood, Bumper with Fog lights, Roush Front splitter, Boss 302 Grille and Brake Cooling kit. I also decided to remove the top and rocker panel stripes and added Mustang rear letters to the trunk. I changed back to the stock air intake with the Ford Racing/K&N air filter.
Updates as of November 1, 2013
Installed 2012 Mustang TruCarbon Radiator cover
Updates as of October 26, 2013
I decided to replace the BMR K-Member with the original Ford K-Member and replaced the BBK Shorty headers with the original Ford Exhaust Manifold. I also decided to experiment with installing the original Shocks but with Eibach's lowering springs instead of the Ford Racing Springs.
Updates as of August 25, 2013
I finished 2nd Place in today's 31st Annual Greater Vancouver Mustang Association Round Up. Here is a link to some pictures of the event today.
Updates as of August 24, 2013
It is the 31st Annual Greater Vancouver Mustang Association Round Up tomorrow and my car has just hit the two year mark so I decided to have it professionally polished up for the show so here are my latest pictures I took today.
Updates as of August 23, 2013
I added the Ford Racing Billet Engine Cap Cover Kit to the engine bay. The dipstick handle needed to be machined down to fit the smaller V6 hole and the Washer Fluid spout had to be trimmed to fit the cap.
Updates as of August 22, 2013
I decided to 3M ScotchPrint Carbon Wrap the dash mounted Light Switch and Power Window Door Switch panel area.
Updates as of August 5, 2013
I placed 3rd in my class at the 28th Annual Hallmark Ford Shelby/Mustang Show & Shine today in the 2005 - 2014 Mustang Class. My Mustang is 2 years old today. Click this Show link to view pictures from today.
Updates as of July 30, 2013
Here are some quick photos of the BMR K-Member, Lower A-Arms, and Rad Supports installed along with the Spec Stage 1 Clutch and Aluminum Flywheel and BBK Shorty Headers.
Updates as of July 14, 2013
Here are some new photos of my car with a Roush Front Bumper and Air Splitters all around, 2013 Mustang rear bumper with Boss 302 Diffuser, RTR Rear License Plate Surround, and Ford Racing Rear Seat Delete kit installed.
Updates as of April 16, 2013
Here is a picture of LED Door Projector Courtesy Puddle Lights with the Mustang logo installed.
Updates as of March 31, 2013
Here are some pictures of 2013 taillights installed. This is temporary as I have the 2013 rear bumper and side skirts coming along with a 2012 Roush front bumper to install all together. I also installed an Eaton Limited Slip Differential because my factory rear diff failed under warranty and it was going to take 2 weeks to get the new one. Since warranty doesn't cover a rental car for that period and this is my only and daily driver; I bought the Eaton 19588-010 Limited Slip Diff to be on the road quickly.
Updates as of March 10, 2013
Here are some pictures I took this morning of the 2012 Boss 302/GT Headlights with the Dark Chrome installed plus I switched to the 2012 Mustang C/S grille which I think I will keep as the main grille.
Updates as of March 8, 2013
Here are some pictures of the Roush Side Splitters installed
Updates as of March 6, 2013
Here are some pictures of Red BMR Subframe connectors just installed on my car.
Updates as of February 26, 2013
After several months of not installing any mods, I installed the Ford Racing Boss 302 Mustang Gauge Pod with the Ford Racing Performance Gauge, Ford Racing Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge , and an Auto Meter 6178 Cobalt Wide Band Air Fuel Ratio Gauge. I took some quick pictures after the install which was done by Speed Pro High Performance in Surrey, BC.
Updates as of November 26, 2012
The weather cleared enough to take some pictures of the Boss 302 front splitter, Craig's Custom Removable Front Mustang License Plate Bracket, and my Pirelli Performance Winter tire and wheel set.
Updates as of September 16, 2012
Installed the Airaid Pre-Filter and still playing with C/S Grille versus Boss 302 Grille
Updates as of September 9, 2012
Installed the original Ford headlights back in.
Updates as of September 7, 2012
Installed the a 2012 California Special Grille to see if I liked it but I prefer the 2012 Boss 302 Grille so I'll keep that.
Updates as of August 28, 2012
Installed the Airaid MXP Air Intake w/ Dry SynthaMax filter (part number 451-265 , the washable oil free model). I wanted to try a more throatier sound so I took advantage of the $50 mail in rebate from Airaid.
Updates as of August 26, 2012
I finished 3rd at the 30th Roundup of the Greater Vancouver Mustang Association Thunder in the Valley event today in the 2010-2013 Mustang Class. First and second went to two 2012 Boss 302's. You can find lots of pictures of the show at this link here.
Updates as of August 23, 2012
I installed the 3.7 Engine cover to finish the look with the strut tower caps I installed over a week ago.
Updates as of August 14, 2012
I installed the black textured plastic strut tower caps I purchased from MRT
Updates as of August 6, 2012
I finished 3rd Place in the 2005-2013 Mustang Class in today's Hallmark Ford's 27th Annual Shelby/Mustang Show & Shine show. Click this link here to see all the pictures from the show.
Updates as of August 5, 2012
Today is the 1 year anniversary since I bought my car so I had her polished up and detailed. Also, I completed my interior to match the Ford Racing Recaro seats by changing the door panel inserts and rear seat covers to match the Boss 302 cloth interior.
Updates as of July 14, 2012
Installed Raxiom Reverse LED back up light bulbs so now the dark tint doesn't affect the white reverse lights. The reverse lights are on in the pictures and you can see what they look like off in the July 8 update pictures.
Updates as of July 8, 2012
Finally some sunshine so I took some quick pictures to show the tinting of the backup lights.
Updates as of June 8, 2012
Installed the newly arrived Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft and 19" Ford Racing wheels with 245/45/19 Pirelli PZero Nero A/S tires. I changed to these wheels to add some extra brightness to match the bright "Powered by Ford" side badges.
Updates as of May 22, 2012
Installed the newly arrived Ford Show Parts Scuff Plates with Ford Racing Logos and Illuminated "Powered by Ford". Installed "Powered by Ford" side badge emblems. Customized the AMR Wheel center caps with Ford Racing ones I purchased. Installed the two post Barton Shifter Bracket Upgrade.
Updates as of May 4, 2012
I purchased some extra dash and center console parts and covered them with 3M Scotchprint Carbon Fiber Look Wrap including the Steering wheel spokes. I also changed to a Boss 302 Alcantara Steering wheel and changed the center Airbag badge to a Tri-bar one I purchased on eBay. Changed to the GT500 Alcantara Shifter boot and hand brake boot to complement the steering wheel and Ford Racing Recaro seats.
Updates as of April 5, 2012
Installed and modified the GT500/CS/BOSS Rear Diffuser to fit the backup sensors
Updates as of March 27, 2012
Installed Smoked Headlights from DT Moto on eBay, Plasti dipped Rear Faux Cap and 3.7 Side badges
Updates as of March 22, 2012
Installed American Muscle AMR 19" Staggered set of wheels and Pirelli Tires
Updates as of March 3, 2012
Installed Ford Racing Recaro seats and Hood Struts
Updates as of January 30, 2012
Installed GT Front Bumper with CS lower Valance, Boss 302 Grille and Hideaway License Plate Frame
Updates as of January 9, 2012
Ford Racing Brembo Brake Package installed
Updates as of January 1, 2012
Ford Racing V6 Handling kit installed pictures taken, 3M Scotchguard Satin finish paint protection film in 11" wide Racing stripes, Custom Horse/Ford Racing side stripes, Ford Racing 19" Track Pack Wheels, and new fuel door installed
Updates as of December 13, 2011
Installed updates of Ford Racing Rear Axle Cover, and Adjustable Panhard Rod installed
Updates as of November 8, 2011
My new Ford Racing Suspension kit all in stalled now.
Updates as of August 20, 2011
Installed Ford Racing 18" Black wheels
Updates as of August 18, 2011
installed Borla Cat back Exhaust
Updates as of August 16, 2011
installed Matt Black Stripes
My First pictures taken August 7, 2011
My 50+ Modifications:
(Click the thumbnail pictures below to see them full sized and the underlined text for links to where to buy.)
1. 3M Scotchguard Brand Satin Paint protection film which produces a Matt Finish with a Custom Horse Ford Racing stripe done locally by Harp's Auto Trim.
2. 3M Scotchprint Brand Carbon Fiber look Wrapped Dash and center console pieces. You can email Harp, firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in his services.
4. Ford Racing Recaro Mustang Seats M-63660005-MB.
5. Ford Racing / K&N Air Filter 33-2431
7. Ford Racing Lower Control Arms M-5538-A
8. Bama 3015/38018 SCT SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes
9. Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters 420092
10. Ford Racing Mustang Ford Racing Logo Floor Mats M-13086-MA
11. Ford Racing Differential Cover - 8.8in M-4033-G2
12. Ford Racing Adjustable Panhard Bar with Urethane Bushings,M-4264-A
13. Ford Racing M-2300-S Brembo Brake upgrade kit
14. Ford Racing 2012 Boss 302 Rear Seat Delete Kit M-6346612-A
15. Ford Racing 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca 19X9" Front Black Wheel with Machined Face M-1007-DC199LGB
17. Barton Shifter with 2 Post Bracket 2011B1-1 and 2011BM2PB
18. Borla Mustang 3.7 V6Touring Exhaust cat back 140376
19. Roush trunk mounted Toolkit 420032
20. Silverhorse Racing S297-5001-B-PL Black Fuel Door
21. 2013 Mustang Front Bumper assembly conversion with these parts: Fascia (DR3Z17D957ABPTM), GT Hood (DR3Z16612A), Vents (DR3Z16C929ABPTM, DR3Z16C630ABPTM), items 5 & 6 from this link, and items 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28 from this link.
22. Roush 2013 Mustang Front Bumper Chin Splitter 421391
23. Roush Mustang Rear Bumper Side Splitters 421405
24. OEM 2013 Boss 302 Front Grille DR3Z8200CB, Badge 8R3Z16228A and Surround DR3Z8419BA
25. MMD 41282 Bolt On Hood Strut Kit - Black
26. BMR Rear Tunnel Brace w/ Safety Loop DHL011H
27. OEM Ford 2013 Rear Splash Guards DR3Z-6328370-AA and DR3Z-6328371-AA
28. OEM Ford BOSS 302 Alcantara Steering Wheel CR3Z-3600-AA
29. OEM Ford Mustang GT500 Alcantara Shift Boot AR3Z-7277-AA
30. OEM Ford Mustang GT500 Alcantara Parking Brake Boot AR3Z-2404-B
31. OEM Ford 2010 Mustang Tri-Bar Airbag cover purchased on eBay
32. OEM Ford “Powered by Ford” Badge purchased on eBay
33. Ford Customized - 2010 - 2012 Black Lit Mustang Scuff Plate (w/ Ambient Lighting) purchased from Ford Show Parts
34. OEM 2013 Mustang LED Rear Tail Lights (DR3Z13405A / DR3Z13404A)
35. MRT Strut Tower Caps for Ford Mustang Black Textured (80A011)
36. OEM Ford Mustang V6 3.7L Engine Intake Cover Kit (BR3Z 9P686-A , qty 1 of BR3Z 6N041-C, qty 1 of BT4Z 6763-A)
37. OEM Boss 302 Non-HID Head Lights (AR3Z-13008-C & AR3Z-13008-D)
38. BMR Subframe Connectors (SFC011)
39. Ford Racing Boss 302 Laguna Seca Gauge Pod (M-6304GPOD-A)
40. Ford Racing Performance Gauge M-10898-CPIC
41. Ford Racing Fuel Pressure Gauge M-9275-BFSE
42. Auto Meter 6178 Cobalt Air/Fuel Ration Gauge.
43. Ford Mustang TriBar LED Door Projector Courtesy Puddle Logo Lights
44. OEM Mustang 2013 rear bumper conversion with these parts: rear bumper skin with backup sensor holes DR3Z17K835BAPTM, rear bumper foam DR3Z17788A, Left Bumper Support DR3Z17C947B, Right Bumper Support DR3Z17C947A, Right and Left Rear Splash Shields DR3Z6328370AA & DR3Z6328371AA, 2 Inner Rear Sensor Surrounds DR3Z15A862ADPTM, Outer Right Rear Sensor Surround DR3Z15A862ABPTM, Outer Left Rear Sensor Surround DR3Z15A862ACPTM, Rear Left & Right Rear Bumper Reflectors DR3Z15A449A & DR3Z15A448A, and Left Rear side bumper bracket support DR3Z17D943A
45. RTR Rear License Plate Surround w/ Ducts 1398-7007-01
46. OEM Mustang 2013 Boss 302 Rear Diffuser DR3Z-17F828-BA LRS-17828MB
47. OEM Mustang 2013 Body coloured Rocker Moldings DR3Z-6310176-AA and DR3Z-6310177-AA
48. BMR AA025 - Lower Non-adjustable A-arms with Poly/Delrin Bushings and 19mm Tall Ball Joint
49. BMR CB004 - Chassis Brace for Radiator Support
50. BMR RS003 - Radiator Support With Sway Bar Mount
51. SPEC Billet Aluminum Flywheel (11-14 V6) SF37A
52. SPEC Stage 1 Clutch for 3.7 V6 SF501-2
53. Eaton Limited Slip Differential - 31 Spline 8.8in 19588-010
54. Ford Racing Billet Engine Cap Cover Kit M-6766-M54
55. Ford Racing V6 Upper Strut bar M-20201-F
56. Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 35125.140
57. 2013 Ford Mustang GT OEM LED Fog Lights DR3Z-15200-A and DR3Z-15200-B
58. Ford Racing 2013 Boss 302 Brake cooling kit M-2004-MBA
59. Drake Mustang rear trunk letters C5ZZ-6540282-A/G
The new 3.7L 4V Ti-VCT V6 engine achieves an industry-exclusive 305 horsepower and 280 lb.-ft. of torque while delivering an EnerGuide Canada-estimated 41 hwy MPG/6.9L/100km*. That’s due in part to twin independent variable cam timing (TiVCT) which allows variable control of intake valve closing. This capability optimizes combustion at full load to provide improved power and low speed torque. It also enables variable valve overlap, which provides better fuel economy and optimizes cold start operation with improved exhaust emissions. *EnerGuide Canada-estimated 25mpg city/41 hwy mpg (11.1L/100km City/6.9L/100km Hwy) – 3.7L 4V Ti-VCT V6 with a six-speed manual transmission.
(Click the images below to see them full sized)
By Jonathan Lamas, About.com Guide
Ford Motor Company has revealed details regarding the company’s new 2011 V6 Ford Mustang. Designed to deliver more power and better fuel economy, the new V6 Mustang will feature a 3.7-liter Duratec 24-valve engine boasting an impressive 305 hp and 280 ft.-lb. of torque. That’s right, more power from a smaller all-aluminum dual-overhead cam block.
In addition to a serious power upgrade, the EPA rated the 2011 V6 Mustang at 31 mpg highway/19 mpg city when equipped with the all-new six-speed automatic transmission option (6R60). The company says this results in a best-in-class rating for the car. Meanwhile, the all-new six-speed manual transmission model will get 30 mpg highway/19 mpg city.
Derrick Kuzak, group vice president, Global Product Development said, “Mustang is completely transformed with this new engine. Everything people love about the car is still there and now under the hood is a V6 engine that uses premium technology to deliver the power, the feel, the fuel efficiency, even the sound of the best sports coupes in the world.”
As for the technology behind the 3.7-liter Duratec engine, Ford says Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) adjusts the valvetrain in microseconds. This, in essence, results in a higher output, as the Ti-VCT allows variable control of valve operation across the rev range. Its aluminum construction results in less overall weight which is another added benefit.
“This new V-6 engine really speaks to what Mustang is all about,” said Barb Samardzich, Ford vice president of global powertrain engineering. “It produces power everywhere in the rev range and loves to be pushed hard. The Duratec 3.7-liter builds on our promise to use advanced technology to deliver both power and fuel economy.”
New aerodynamic improvements to the 2011 V6 Mustang include a new front fascia, tire spats on the rear wheels, modified underbody shields, a taller air dam, and an added rear decklid seal. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. A cold air induction system and dual exhaust give the 3.7 its free-breathing style with a 7,000 rpm redline and quick response to throttle inputs. That’s right, say goodbye to the single exhaust found on older V6 Mustangs. The 2011’s exhaust note was designed to sound mellow at idle, yet powerful when you put your foot down. Worried it will be too loud? Never fear. Ford has added additional lightweight soundproofing measures to help filter unpleasant, high-frequency noises inside the cabin. Ford has also implemented new door seals and a rear wheel arch liner to reduce road noise even further.
Other new features of the 2011 V6 Mustang include 10,000-mile oil change intervals thanks to a die-cast aluminum deep-sump oil pan as well as a refined automatic transmission designed to handle hills better than previous model Mustangs. In “hill mode”, the Mustang will tackle hilly terrain using acceleration, pedal position, vehicle speed, and brake status to automatically determine the correct gear ratio while on an incline or decline. “Hill mode” eliminates sixth gear, extends lower gear operation on uphill climbs, and provides additional grade or engine braking for coast downs.
Buyers will also have the option of a sportier 3.31 rear axle ratio setup which would replace the standard 2.73 rear axle.
“This car marks a new type of Mustang,” said David Pericak, Mustang chief nameplate engineer. “We’re using a high-performance quad-cam V6 with all the bells and whistles in a car that’s become legendary for its handling and road holding; it’s really going to get a lot of new sports coupe fans excited about Mustang, some for the first time ever.”
The 2011 V6 Mustang will also come equipped with new instrument cluster graphics, including a speedometer that reads up to 160 mph and a tachometer that reads to 8,000 rpm as well as a Universal Garage Door Opener. Another 2011 feature is Ford’s MyKey system, which is designed to encourage safer teen driving and safety belt use.
In addition, integrated blind-spot mirrors in the side-view mirror housings will be offered as standard equipment.
In an effort to promote the sporty nature of this new V6 Mustang, Ford will also offer customers the option of purchasing a high-performance package for their V6 Mustangs. The package, which will become available in August of 2010, includes the following:
Ford says the 2011 V6 Mustang will be built at the Auto Alliance International Plant in Flat Rock, Mich. The new 3.7L V6 will be built at Ford’s recently retooled Cleveland Engine Plant No. 1.